Thursday, March 11, 2010

OpenCV and SURF -Weekly Report 1

As we have mentioned in our project design, we are going to use image processing techniques to measure the similarity of two images. One of the methods we have choosen is SURF, and the detailed information will be found in here. Luckly, the method is implemented in OpenCV library version 2.0.

This week I tried to use the implemented classes for extracting speeded up robust features from an image. In OpenCV samples, find_obj.cpp file is found as an implementation. I tried to prepare its environment to run. To run the program we develop both on windows and linux, I worked on using OpenCV library with CodeBlocks. But the first obstacle I faced with was the absence of precompiled libraries of OpenCV for codeblocks. To handle the problem, I followed the instructions specified in here. However, a bug present in CodeBlocks about MinGW prevented me from getting the result. Then I tried doing the windows version using Visual Studio .Net 2005 with the same set of instructions. Finally, I managed to run the code. And the result is:

No comments:

Post a Comment